Friday, February 3, 2012

Is There An eBook In Your Future?



I wrote a post on my other blog yesterday about some eBooks I had bought in the Amazon Kindle store. I read more often on my Kindle Fire than I was reading paper books. Some of the books I have been reading are about writing and it made me think I should write a post here about some of the these eBooks for the readers of this blog. I have read these and would like to share.




Amazon Kindle Freebies: How To Publish Your Kindle Book On Amazon For Free And Make Money From Home

This is the first eBook I purchased about writing after I got my new Kindle. It opened my eyes so to speak! I went right to work on changing my eBooks over to the kindle format and uploaded them on Amazon. I have sold more eBooks than I ever dreamed possible! 




Your Words, Your Story
This book is a resource for new writers, but even experienced writers will get a lot out of it.  The author, Cynthia Harrison, has written it as a memoir as well. I think you will get a lot out of this book. Especially for aspiring writers. She covers many writing topics, not only books, but including blogs and poetry. I enjoyed reading this book very much.






Kindle Cash - The Beginner's Guide to Creating, Marketing, And Publishing On The Amazon Kindle

This book gave me a lot of good information and I found it very useful. I have gone back to it over and over to study different chapters. Michael Masters, the author covers topics such as what to write your eBook about, how to research your keywords, writing your eBook, and marketing it. I mean he really covers everything you could possibly need to know.





Write Good or Die

This book is edited by Scott Nicholson, and consists of articles written by other authors. It is very good and full of information. They are the bare truth on writing and what these authors have experienced. Very interesting and good advice through out. Gives you a lot of inspiration.






How I Wrote My First Book: the story behind the story

This book is another that is written by other authors who share their stories with you. They tell about what they went through writing their first books. Anne K. Edwards and Lida E. Quillen edited this book. I found it interesting because sometimes you feel like you are a horrible writer and wasting your time........especially when you get a first bad review from someone who gives you a bad review because she is a school teacher, and thinks she is suppose to be grading a student's paper......not writing a review for a book she bought on Amazon! Sorry, that is what happened to me. It shows that writers have a lot in common and it seems they like to help each other. I like that.


And if you don't have a Kindle or other book reader, Amazon offers Free Kindle Reading Apps so anyone can read the books on their computers. I hope you will enjoy some of these books as much as I did. Really and truly, I am learning a lot about writing self-published books and my sales are doing fine on my own eBooks. If you have any questions I am more than happy to answer them if I can.





Copyright © 2012 Kathleen G. Lupole
Artwork by Hazel Dran © 1991