Friday, February 11, 2011

Do You Have A Blog?

Photo Source: Free Clip Art Now



If you have a business, you really need to have a blog. Even the White House has a blog. I recently put an ad up on Craigslist to set up blogs for people or businesses who don't know how. I know if you are not a writer then it is not an easy thing to do. I have been writing one of my blogs since 2005 and even before that I had one on Yahoo360. That was a whole new concept to me and I loved it. I still do. I hope it continues to grow and evolve.

After you have your blog, you have to develop it. That means writing a post at least weekly. I have been trying to make an effort to write a post on mine every day. I write four so that is not real easy, but I am doing better.

Next you really need to network on Twitter and Facebook. That means having it set up so when you write a post it automatically is posted on those sites. That makes a BIG difference, believe me! And make sure you are signed up to the Networked Blogs on Facebook! That is instrumental in getting your blog read and seen by lots of different people.

Put the Google Friend Connect widget on your blog. That is my favorite widget of all.

Then be sure to join The Blog Frog. If you join and are new, come to The Redhead Riter's Community and say hi to me. That is where I hang out. But you can make your community there. I just don't have time for that presently. I get what I need from Red's Community. She is an awesome lady and shares so much of herself with all of us there. Her blog is The Redhead Riter, so be sure to visit it. She is having a giveaway at the moment if you'd like to win some goat's milk soap.

So these are just a few things to do to get your blog going and trying to get traffic. Another thing you can do is to visit other blogs and leave quality comments on those blogs. Don't ask the writer to follow you. Don't leave your link for them to visit you. Don't tell them all about your blog or business. Just make a comment relevant to the post you are commenting on. That is what will get others to come to your blog. Hope these hints will help you get started.


Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole